In the second event of our five-part dialogue series “Characteristics of a Nation-to-Nation Relationship,” the Institute on Governance, with Canadians for a New Partnership, is bringing together leaders and experts to share their vision in an open forum for the future relationship between the Crown and Indigenous peoples, and help define the characteristics of an approach that recognizes and respects the distinctions between Indigenous peoples.
Click here for more information, including a link to register online.
- The Honourable Mr. Murray Sinclair, Canadian Senator for Manitoba, Chair of the Indian Residential Schools Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Keith Harper, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Human Rights Council
- Ovide Mercredi, President, Manitoba New Democratic Party, Former National Chief, Assembly of First Nations
- Maureen Chapman, Acting AFN Regional Chief, BCAFN
- Leroy LittleBear, founder, Native American Studies Department, University of Lethbridge
- The Honourable Mr. Justice Harry Slade, Chairperson, Specific Claims Tribunal Canada
- Paul L.A.H. Chartrand, University of Winnipeg
- Sophie Pierre, OC OBO, former Chief Commissioner of the BC Treaty Commission
- Ginger Gosnell-Myers, Aboriginal Relations Manager, City of Vancouver
- Mike Mitchell, former Akwasasne Grand Chief